I observe this cycle repeating itself, today, and as far back as I can remember.
I hope that my description of the cycle serves as a fair warning to those activist leaders who are eager to endorse politicians that seem to support their cause, without any prior negotiation.
This list may help activists negotiate with establishment Democrats, by discussing the following eight steps with them.
Very little change can be accomplished until all of us are aware of this vicious cycle.
Of course I am describing the worst-case scenario.
(01) Politicians make public appearances and hold debates. Promises are made to various vulnerable populations and minority groups, before the elections.
(02) Activists rally in support of ‘change’ and in support of the new candidates.
(03) Democrats get elected.
(04) Bills are drafted, often with economically-unfulfillable left-populist statements, promises to help minorities, vulnerable, impoverished communities/ people.
(05) Activists and grassroots movements are engaged in drafting and supporting the bills.
(06) Since establishment Democrats are usually a little bit wealthier than those who they claim to represent, on average, they are not particularly interested in helping the needy with their own money. Lobbyism is still a major source of income for them. Many find a common language with conservatives, when time comes to conserve their investments, wealth and privilege. Liberal capital tweaks new laws in its favor, advancing and refining economic exploitation and gentrification. We get usual results.
Finally, when bills pass the legislature, they get gutted. Promises to vulnerable people and minorities are typically dropped out, economically - unrealistic and left populist statements are eliminated or replaced.
(07) Grassroots movements fall apart. Ordinary members grow distrustful of their organizers and of the establishment. Many members of the movements feel like it was a sellout.
Poor and minorities feel alienated. Activists develop apathy, become angry radicals or change sides, out of despair. Loyal leaders of successful movements are offered a promotion into the ranks of the Democratic Party.
(08) Cycle repeats itself with every election. Residue of unfulfillment accumulates.
No life-threatening conditions for minorities are alleviated through activism, as all political compromises were already made at the top.
We need to end this cycle.
One of the best ways to do this is to hold politicians accountable for unfulfilled promises.
Is it a good time to expose Democrat bigotry when Republicans are in the office?
That way we may select the best candidates to represent The People, for the next election.
Otherwise, what good do we expect from Democrats in the office if this cycle would repeat itself again, and again, until people completely lose their hope?
Attendance of many local elections is already very low.
#VoteBlue #2020election #Election2020 #democrats #vote #ivoted #electionday #election #america #politics #bluewave #usa #midterms #Election2020 #resist #democrat #midtermelections #democracy #california #govote #voting #trump #losangeles #georgia #democrats #repost #rockthevote #voterregistration #change #earlyvoting